I had a scenario like when migrating a named credential with password in salesforce production. I resolved that issue so I came here to give a solution for Password error problem.
1. Retrieve a Named credential from Ant Migration tool
2. XML will Look like this,
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<NamedCredential xmln="http://soap.sforce.com/2006/04/metadata">
<endpoint>https://prodbox-dev.herokuapp.com/v1</endpoint>
<label>prodbox_heroku</label>
<principalType>NamedUser</principalType>
<protocol>Password</protocol>
<username>technical.user.prod@techuser.dev</username>
</NamedCredential>
When i deploy the same using ant, it displays error for password.
So I added a password manually after retrieve.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<NamedCredential xmln="http://soap.sforce.com/2006/04/metadata">
<endpoint>https://prodbox-dev.herokuapp.com/v1</endpoint>
<label>prodbox_heroku</label>
<principalType>NamedUser</principalType>
<protocol>Password</protocol>
<password>actual Password</password>
<username>technical.user.prod@techuser.dev</username>
</NamedCredential>
Hi
ReplyDeleteCan you tell me how to retrieve the named credential & deploy it ot another environment?
My objective is to have an xml as above and to deploy to environment. I dont know how to name the the xml . I did sample deployment of class and other but not this.
Can you please help on this.
Thanks
Pandi G S
Looking forward to reading more insightful and well-written posts from your blog.microsoft devops course
ReplyDeleteODI online training offers flexible learning for professionals who want to develop Oracle Data Integrator skills remotely. This odi online training covers mappings, ETL workflows, knowledge modules, data transformation, and deployment. Students gain hands-on knowledge through live sessions and practical projects.
ReplyDelete